Sunday, July 24, 2011

Electric Six - "Gay Bar" ***Warning - some may find offensive***


Last winter one of my son's friends sent this link to him repeatedly to annoy him. When I first heard the music without really listening to the words I thought the tune sounded a bit catchy. To that, my son said "Oh no, you have to see the video".  It is Electric Six singing "Gay Bar".

Dudes dressed as Abraham Lincoln in spandex spinning, lifting weights and pole dancing along with several gay sex innuendo signing about "wanting to spend all your money" in a museum type setting. Can't say I have ever seen that before, so that makes it unique and original, although the actual music reminds me of the late '60's-early 70's action movie music.  The video and lyrics had a bit of feel of Sir Mix A Lot's 1992 hit "Baby Got Back", but with a gay twist.

No comments: