Monday, June 28, 2010

Personal Ads T-Shirt

The article by Alex at Neatorama about whimsical Inventor and Designer Steven M. Johnson
Steve has written two books, What the World Needs Now and Public Therapy Buses, Information Specialty Bums, Solar Cook-A-Mats and Other Visions of the 21st Century. featuring hundreds of his inventions over the years (some of which actually came true), including these gems:"
and one of the gems being a personal ads T-Shirt
















 Neatorama, picture by Steven M. Johnson, Museum of Possibilities

I  know it pays to advertise, but this seems a little desperate, sort of like the guy who doing his personal ads at movie theaters.   I would also worry that the person that might respond to would be more likely be for more nefarious reasons than a romantic interest, that being sort of like the guy at Meijer who I am sure the only reason he tried to flirt with me was I was wearing a security badge that I had to wear at my former employer (he kept staring at it).

One trend I can see happening, as about everyone I know is unemployed, is a mini-resume T-Shirt highlighting objective and experience with first name (I wouldn't use a full name) and a phone number.  I can see getting some crank calls, but perhaps a potential employer might be struck by its innovation and give the person an interview.






For books by Steven M. Johnson click here.

No comments: