Friday, May 14, 2010

HÜBLER Table - Concrete Desk with Built-In Bookshelves















This would be a mover's nightmare as it is made out of concrete and topped with glass.  
I found this via Doornob.  It is by manufacturer manufacturer IVANKA and artist János Hübler and although it is meant to be functional, it is also and artistic piece - to quote the article at Doornob "Part of the idea is to show the balance of ‘fixed’ history and our more ‘fluid’ writings about factual events, which evolve and shift as our understanding of historic happenings changes over time.

I don't know why, but for some reason it creeps me out and reminds me too much of the puzzle box from the "Hellraiser" movies.  I would be afraid to pull out a book lest the next thing I knew, Pinhead would be in my living room.

No comments: