Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cats Wearing Wigs


Glamourpuss: The Enchanting World of Kitty Wigs from Julie Jackson on Vimeo.


For the cat lover on your Christmas list, over at Kittywigs they offer a very interesting and entertaining book called "Glamourpuss" of cats wearing wigs which and they also offer actual cat wigs for sale.  If you like the Electric Blue one, it will run about $50 and comes in a round metal case, along with instructions, tips for photographing and a mouse rattle to keep kitty's attention.

This creative effort is by Julie Jackson, Jill Johnson, and Siamese kitty, Boone.  

Now I am a cat person and admit I used to dress up my cats when I was about 10 years old. While some of them would tolerate the little doll dresses and one would let me paint its claws with bright red nail polish, they didn't tolerate anything on their head for more than about 15 seconds.  The time I made "hair" out of a paper towel by cutting the ends into strips BeBe thought it was a new toy and flipped it off his head and batted it around the room as if it were a rabid mouse. I could picture a similar fate with the cat wig,  but then again, I always seem to pick out cats that have "attitude" and have more owned me than I have owned them.  Every cat is different and I guess if you started them out slowly or as kitten wearing it, they might be ok with it. 

No comments: