Saturday, February 12, 2011

A rare find - a good black country singer


I can't imagine how many times this guy must have gotten "swirlies" in middle school if he professed to his homies "when I grow up I want to be a country and western singer"., but in this case, it was probably worth it.

I have to admit I am not a big fan of country to begin, after being a force-fed captive anytime I rode anywhere with my ex-fiance for 3 1/2 years that probably still thinks N Sync is has something to do with setting up a VHS to record TV shows, and was even more shocked to find my teenage son cranked to a country station and jammin this son, but he does have a good voice and it is a very catchy tune despite the all too obvious "twangs". If you close your eyes and don't watch the video, you would swear this was sung by an Alan Jackson redneck pickup truck driving-Skoal chewing-Pabst Blue Beer Drinking, a "Ya'll aren't goina believe this" Achy Breaky Billy Cyrus wanna be redneck.

No comments: